This free training program contains a 100+ slide PowerPoint resource packed with information.
- It contains an overview of explosives and bombs, provides examples of various kinds of each.
- It informs public safety personnel what to look for when on calls so that they might recognize bombs and their precursors.
- It details ways in which agencies can respond to bomb threats and bombing incidents.
- It describes ways to interdict suicide bombers and minimize loss of life.
The entire program is at the practical level for front-line responders, and it does not veer off into interesting but academic areas. The program was reviewed by a Technical Review Committee consisting of experts in homeland security, police special operations, and the fire service from across the nation. The program includes more than a dozen open-source documents full of information on handling all aspects of this kind of event, from communications to hazmat to tactics.
The downloads for this program include two options. The first is a PowerPoint file and the documents associated with it. The second option is a video version of the PowerPoint material, which is segmented into four parts each approximately 30 minutes long.
- Download Part 1, Explosives | Watch
- Downlaod Part 2, Stages of a Bomb Incident: Pre-Attack Detection and Countermeasures | Watch
- Download Part 3, Bomb Threats | Watch
- Download Part 4, Post-Detonation Response; Suicide Bombers; Use of Force; Facility Assessment; Resources | Watch
- Download the PowerPoint and Associated Files