The Fire Engineering/ISFSI George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award recognizes individuals for extraordinary accomplishments in fire service training. The winner of the award will be announced at FDIC 2011 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The winner of the George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award
- will have displayed a deep commitment to furthering the cause of the fire service through training;
- will have advanced the cause of firefighter operational effectiveness and safety;
- will have gone above and beyond the call of duty in training;
- will have brought creativity and innovation to fire training programs,
- or will have shown great persistence in pursuing an innovative live program; and
- will have served as a positive model for other fire instructors and firefighters throughout the country.
The George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award marks individual accomplishment. Therefore, while members of an instructional team or ad hoc training group, for example, will be considered, nominations in the name of a fire department or training academy are not eligible.
Nominations must be received by December 31, 2010. Send them to Diane Feldman, George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award, Fire Engineering, 21-00 Route 208 South, Fair Lawn, NJ 07410-2602.
Download the nomination form as a PDF HERE.