The Malta Ridge (NY) Volunteer Fire Company (MRVFC) is pleased to announce the addition of an Urban Wildland Interface Vehicle, funded by the Town of Malta under recommendation of the Town’s Fire Protection Master Plan. The specialized vehicle is smaller, lighter, costs less to operate and is dually suited for rescue operations in rural areas as well as urban environments.
- Travel across farm fields and uneven terrain using four-wheel drive
- Access developments around Saratoga Lake that have narrow, one lane unpaved roads
- Pump water directly from Saratoga Lake if necessary since there are no fire hydrants
- Better maneuver and access the Northway to improve response times to accidents
- Respond faster to emergency calls requiring the Jaws of Life
- Require less manpower to operate
The Malta Ridge Volunteer Fire Company is a private, not-for-profit corporation, owned by membership. The MRVFD contracts with the Town of Malta to provide fire protection and emergency services to its citizens. With more than 50 active members, the MRVFD continuously work with local businesses, organizations and families to not only respond to emergencies, but also to educate the citizens of Malta in preventive measures.