Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) helps to ensure that firefighters and first responders have the essentials they need to be safe and effective on the job. Your fire department or EMS organization may be eligible for a grant. The key to your success is preparing your application early. Get started today!
The 2011 AFG Get Ready Guide is your resource for successfully submitting a grant application. Once available, it may be downloaded at: http://www.fema.gov/firegrants.
NEW THIS YEAR: GRANT RECIPIENTS MUST REGISTER IN THE CENTRAL CONTRACTOR REGISTRATION (CCR) SYSTEM
As of August 2010, prime recipients of Federal grants are required to register in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) system. As a potential grantee you are not required to register, but you may wish to do so now in case you receive an award. CCR registration will be required if you are selected for an award.
How to register:
- Obtain a DUNS number from Dun and Bradstreet: http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform. A DUNS number is required to submit an application. If you already have a DUNS number, skip to #2.
- Once you have a DUNS number, register here: https://www.bpn.gov/ccr/default.aspx For more information on grantee registration in the CCR system, visit their website: https://www.bpn.gov/ccr/grantees.aspx
NEED HELP? ATTEND A GRANT WORKSHOP
AFG Regional Representatives conduct grant workshops around the country. Visit http://www.fema.gov/firegrants/js/workshop_schedule_july.html for a complete schedule.
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED…
- View an AFG Application Tutorial, coming soon.
- Review the program guidance (available one-week prior to the start of the application period)
- Attend a workshop: http://www.fema.gov/firegrants/program/workshop_schedule.shtm
- Call or email the Help Desk: 1-866-274-0960 or email@example.com
- Contact your Regional Representative: http://www.fema.gov/firegrants/program/contact.shtm
- Find additional resources under "Rules and Tools" on this Web site: http://www.fema.gov/firegrants/tools/index.shtm