About UslAdvertisinglMagazinelNewsletterlContact Usl Instagram

CPSC and USFA Warn About Deadly Dangers That Can Linger After Hurricane Irene Passes

08/27/2011
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) are warning residents in hurricane-impacted areas about the deadly dangers that can remain even after Hurricane Irene strikes. Consumers need to be especially careful during a loss of electrical power, as the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning and fire increases at that time. In order to power lights, to keep food cold or to cook, consumers often use gas-powered generators. CPSC and USFA warn consumers NEVER to use portable generators indoors or in garages, basements or sheds. The exhaust from generators contains high levels of carbon monoxide (CO) that can quickly incapacitate and kil...

Already a member of the Fire Engineering Training Network?  If yes, please sign in!

LOGIN TODAY

Why Subscribe?

  Gain Access to:
   
  • Latest Training & Drills
  • New Techniques
  • Technology Advances
 
  • Proven Tactics
  • Research to help reduce injuries & Deaths
  • Insight from the fire service's most experienced
 

      More Information >>