About UslAdvertisinglMagazinelNewsletterlContact Usl Instagram

Firefighters Escape Burning House After Radio Fails

04/21/2012
A faulty hand-held radio may have nearly cost four East Cleveland firefighters their lives, reports WKYC 3 Cleveland. The firefighters were fighting a house fire when a flashover quickly developed with gases igniting in a stairwell, trapping the four firefighters inside, reports WTAM 1100 Cleveland. A radio call asking that the water hoses be turned on was then made to the pumper truck. It was never received by the pump operator, most likely because the radio was not working properly, WKYC 3 details. The fire is described by one firefighter as then going from bad to worse. Two firefighters jumped out a second-floor window. The other two trapped firefighters were able to scramble to a ...

Already a member of the Fire Engineering Training Network?  If yes, please sign in!

LOGIN TODAY

Why Subscribe?

  Gain Access to:
   
  • Latest Training & Drills
  • New Techniques
  • Technology Advances
 
  • Proven Tactics
  • Research to help reduce injuries & Deaths
  • Insight from the fire service's most experienced
 

      More Information >>