A Boston Fire Department worker suffered an electric shock when the fire alarm system cable he was working on came into contact with a 25,000-volt line that powered commuter rail trains, reports the Boston Globe.
The man was taken to the hospital for examination. His injuries were not life-threatening, said a spokesman. A second worker suffered ringing in his ears from a loud boom emitted during the accident. Both men were later released from the hospital.
The accident occurred at an overpass on a commuter rail line in Roslindale, near Hyde Park Avenue. The men were part of a crew running cables for the street fire alarm system, MacDonald said.
One of the men was in an aerial lift to cut the overhead cable while the other worker was on the ground to pull it in when it was cut. The man on the ground received the shock.
Read more of the story here http://b.globe.com/15DtiHz