Firefighters responded Tuesday to a natural gas fire at a home in Berkeley, California.
Flames from the fire shot as high as 15 feet into the air, according to a report from the Oakland Tribune (http://bit.ly/15N66pl).
No one was home at the time of the afternoon fire and no injuries were reported. Utility workers and firefighters were not immediately able to turn off the gas, but they ultimately used shovels and a jackhammer to dig up the line and cap the leak.
It's suspected that workers doing excavation work under the home may have pierced the line.
Read more details at http://bit.ly/15N66pl.
For more training information on fire response to natural gas incidents, consider Firefighter Response to Natural Gas Leaks and Emergencies, MANAGING NATURAL GAS EMERGENCIES, and Routine Emergencies: Firefighter Response to Natural Gas Leaks.