Another MA Fire Involving Smoking and Medical Oxygen

A Sunday morning fire in Ware, Massachusetts, left one person injured, gutted one apartment, and damaged an exposure building, according to a report on masslive.com (http://bit.ly/11ehTy1).

The fire was attributed to cigarettes and medical oxygen, where the presence of the oxygen contributed significantly to the speed of fire spread. Firefighters responding to the fire encountered heavy smoke and flames on arrival; the resident of the apartment suffered minor burns and was transported.

Last month, a 72-year-old woman was killed in a fire involving oxygen in Westfield, Massachusetts. Since 1997, there have been 34 fire deaths in Massachusetts involving home oxygen, and the state has begun a public awareness campaign about the dangers of smoking near medical oxygen.

For more on this story, visit http://bit.ly/11ehTy1.


Buyers Guide Featured Companies



More Buyer's Guide >

Fire Dynamics

Survival Zone

Extrication Zone

Tech Zone