In this week's firefighter fitness bulletin, Fire Service Warrior's Chris Brennan discusses developing core strength. To this end, he describes a knees-to-elbows movement designed to strengthen your core muscles.
For more information about firefighter fitness and similar issues, visit http://www.fireservicewarrior.com. Also, consider Michael Krueger's monthly fitness columns on Fire Life, such as "Break on Through."
CHRISTOPHER BRENNAN is a 14-year fire service veteran, a firefighter in the suburbs of Chicago, and the president of Spartan Concepts, Inc. He is a field instructor with the Illinois Fire Service Institute and has contributed articles to Fire Engineering. He maintains the Web site www.fireservicewarrior.com. He is the author of The Combat Position: Achieving Firefighter Readiness (Fire Engineering, 2011).
- Firefighter Fitness Bulletin: Sumo Deadlift High Pull
- Firefighter Fitness Bulletin: Equipment Deadlift
- Firefighter Fitness Bulletin: Deficit Deadlift
- Firefighter Fitness Buleltin: Ladder Clean
- Firefighter Fitness Buleltin: Muscle Clean
- Firefighter Fitness Bulletin: The Clean
- Firefighter Fitness Bulletin: Power Clean
- Firefighter Fitness Bulletin: Pistols