Three people were injured early Saturday morning in a Chicago (IL) fire that forced some residents to jump to safety.
The fire in the city's Little Village neighborhood started on the back porches of the three-floor brick building, according to the Chicago Tribune (http://trib.in/11uF0Q0). There was a porch on each floor.
Two people were hospitalized--a male in critical condition, and a female in fair-to-serious condition. Another injured person declined transport for treatment.
Police and neighbors said at least two people jumped from the front of the building into the arms of neighbors. Police also evacuated an exposure building because it looked like fire was coming from a narrow gangway that separated the burning building and the one to the south.
The fire may have been electrical in nature and started by an overloaded power strip.
For more details on the fire, visit http://trib.in/11uF0Q0.
For firefighter training articles on residential rescue, consider The Residential Rescue Sequence, Drill of the Week: Ladder Rescue , and Window Clearing for Ladder Rescue : Residential Search and Rescue .