Richard A. Marinucci, CFO, was honored by receiving the Ronny Jack Coleman Leadership Legacy Award during the Center for Public Safety Excellence's 14th annual awards ceremony held during Fire-Rescue International in Chicago, Illinois.
Chief Marinucci has been in the forefront of the United States Fire Service for his entire career. He leaves an impression on all who meet and deal with him, and would follow his lead, simply because it is him leading! Chief Marinucci's many accomplishments include:
- Master of Science Degree in Technology Studies and three Bachelor degrees in education and fire science technologies.
- Fire service professional for nearly four decades, serving as fire chief since 1984.
- Served as Interim Chief Operating Officer for the United States Fire Administration, a position he was requested to serve in by the Director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Bestowed the FEMA Director's Award for Outstanding Public Service.
- Active member of the International Association of Fire Chiefsâ¦serving as the International's President 1997-1998.
- Member and Chair of the Commission on Chief Fire Officer Designation (now the Commission on Professional Credentialing) overseeing the initiation of the Chief Fire Officer Designation process, as well as serving as a peer reviewer for the designation program.
- One of the first 15 Chiefs to be conferred Chief Fire Officer (CFO) Designee.
- Accomplished author for trade journals and a text book.
- Served as a Panel Member for the America Burning, Revisited.
- Served since 1994 on the Health and Safety Committee for the National Fire Protection Association.
- Recipient of the New Hampshire Fire Academy's "Academy Award" presented by the New Hampshire Fire Standards and Training Commission for his work globally with the Chief Fire Officer Designation and in the leadership roles he has held.
The Ronny Jack Coleman Leadership Legacy Award recognizes an individual from an accredited agency or the Chief Officer Designation echelon for superior leadership and actions that have elevated the International Fire and Emergency Service (IFES) profession through mentoring, teaching and sharing outstanding contributions; and who has exhibited the consistent dedication of renewal qualities and commitment to fire service professionalism by demonstrating a devotion to help raise the International Fire and Emergency Service to greater heights.
The Center for Public Safety Excellence Inc. (CPSE) is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization established in 1996 to award accreditation to fire and emergency service agencies and to pursue scientific research and education in the public interest. In 2000 credentialing was developed to facilitate in the professional development and career planning for fire and emergency service personnel.
- Mason Receives Ronny Jack Coleman Leadership Legacy Award
- Chief Marc Revere, CFO, Receives Ronny Jack Coleman Leadership Legacy Award
- J. Michael Stallings Awarded Ronny Jack Coleman Leadership Legacy Award