Three newly refreshed CHEMTREC® videos for Emergency Responders are now on-line. Links to all three videos are posted below. These videos will be available on the CHEMTREC® and the American Chemistry Councilâs web sites. I encourage you to share these links with anyone who could benefit from this valuable information.
Video 1 â An Overview of CHEMTREC®
Video 2: - How CHEMTREC® Helps First Responders
Video 3: - Whatâs Being Said About CHEMTREC®
These videos will also be available on DVD within the next month. Let me know if you would like copies of these DVDs to share with your stakeholders and Iâll be happy to ship them directly to you.
CHEMTREC® is the definitive information resource and solutions provider for hazardous materials and dangerous goods response.
A service of the American Chemistry Council (ACC), CHEMTREC® has a broad range of critical resources that can help emergency responders mitigate incidents involving hazardous materials, such as:
- A round-the-clock communications center staffed by trained and experienced emergency service specialists;
- Immediate access to thousands of chemical product specialists and hazardous materials experts through CHEMTRECâs database of over 30,000 manufacturers, shippers, carriers, public organizations and private resources;
- A state-of-the-art telecommunications system that supports the virtual emergency response team, seamlessly linking on-scene responders with chemical experts, transportation companies, and medical experts;
- An expansive electronic library of over 5 million Safety Data Sheets (SDS);
- A database of medical experts and chemical toxicologists who provide advice and emergency medical treatment assistance to on-scene medical professionals treating victims of product exposure; and
- Interpretation capabilities for more than 180 languages in the event of an emergency involving non-English speaking stakeholders.