The United States Fire Administration (USFA) released a guide on responding to incidents involving active shooters and mass-casualty incidents.
This guide is a fire and emergency medical services (EMS) resource that can be used to support planning and preparation for active shooter and mass casualty incidents. These complex and demanding incidents may be well beyond the traditional training and experience of the majority of firefighters and emergency medical technicians. The USFA offers this guide as one source of many available for the public safety community, but it takes into consideration the diverse local service levels available across America. In developing the guide, we consulted with individuals and groups engaged in fire and prehospital emergency medical services, law enforcement, and hospital medical and trauma care. We also consulted with public safety organizations and numerous federal agencies.
CLICK HERE to download this guide as a PDF (247 KB).
- Firefighter Training and EMS: Active Shooter Response: The Rapid Treatment Model
- Lone Wolf/Active Shooter : Attack on Texas Public Safety Building
- Responding to Active Shooter Incidents
- FIRE DEPARTMENT RESPONSE TO âACTIVE SHOOTER â INCIDENTS
- RESPONSE TO CRITICAL INCIDENTS
- Mass -Shooting Incidents: Planning and Response
- Free Firefighter Training: Response to Mass Shooting Events