Downed Power Lines Ignite PA House Fire

From http://lancasteronline.com:

By Ryan Robinson

Manheim (PA) - Wind blew over a utility pole, and the downed power line ignited a fire that destroyed a home in Manheim Friday morning, an official reported.

The fire broke out at 2 a.m. at a one-story home at 210 S. Main Street, said Manheim Fire Company Deputy Chief Daniel Wagner. The approximately 900-square-foot home was unoccupied.

A Witman Auctioneers sign posted by the home said it was sold at a public auction.

A neighbor saw the fire and tried to put it out with a garden hose, Wagner said. The man burned his hands during the effort and was transported to Lancaster General Hospital for treatment.

The wind broke the pole just above the ground, also dropping power lines to the ground in front of the home, Wagner said. The safety hazard hampered firefighters' efforts.

The significant wind also worked against the firefighters.

Read more HERE

Buyers Guide Featured Companies



More Buyer's Guide >

Fire Dynamics

Survival Zone

Extrication Zone

Tech Zone