A San Bernardino (CA) fire captain avoided injury Monday after being struck by a power line at a fire scene.
The event occurred during a two-alarm fire when the firefighter was struck by an insulated portion of the line, according to The Sun (http://bit.ly/182gAEF). He was not electrocuted due to the insulation.
Flames engulfed several sheds and the attic of the residential building that burned, extending quickly to a large eucalyptus tree in the home's backyard.
The fire continued to burn, damaging the attic and two rooms of a neighboring home to the north and the exterior of a home to the south. There were no reported injuries, but two dogs died in the fire.
For more on related firefighting concerns, consider National Fire Fighter Near-Miss Reporting System: Downed Power Lines, Roundtable: Training with Utility Companies, and UNDERSTANDING ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRICAL DANGERS.