Leadership

GAS AND ELECTRIC LIGHTING.

Issue 13 and Volume 1891 9.

GAS AND ELECTRIC LIGHTING. The gas company at Port Chester, N. Y., is laying extensions. Coffin & Stanton of New York have purchased the Fort Madison (Iowa) Gas Works. The South Pittsburgh (Tenn.) Electric Light and Power Company has declared a dividend of five per cent. The Thomson-Houston Electric Light and Power Company of Meriden, Miss., has put new machinery in its electric light plant. The common council of Crawfordsville, Ind., has been enjoined by II. S. Braden, a heavy taxpayer, from buying an electric light plant. The city of Columbia. S. C., has let contract to W. H. Gibbes, Jr., & Co. for tilt: construction of the new water-works recently mentioned, including a Jewell filter, with a capacity of 3,000,000 gallons. It is stated that the city council of Marshall, Tex., accepted a proposition for the establishment of an electric light plant. The Mayor can give information. George Hornung…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now