Leadership

A Complete Water System.

Issue 13 and Volume 1893 13.

A Complete Water System. (Communicated.) On the corner of Third street and Franklin avenue, Grand Forks, N. D., stands a substantial brick structure known as the city water-works, a plant that has become famous throughout the Northwest. The plans were designed by W. S. Russell, a thoroughly competent and experienced engineer, now and for many years in the employ of Grand Forks as the city’s engineer, who personally superintended the construction of the most complete system of water-works in the Northwest. The first water supply was taken from the Red river of the North at the foot of DeMers avenue, in 1883, power being furnished by the Grand Forks Roller Company to operate the pumps owned by the city. The water supply which has teen mote than ample for fire protection and all other purposes, was taken from the Red Lake river, near its junction with the Red river, through…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now