Leadership

Philadelphia’s Fire Service.

Issue 4 and Volume 1893 14.

Philadelphia’s Fire Service. The efficiency of Philadelphia’s Fire Department has been considerably increased recently by the addition of new apparatus. A chemical engine having two tanks of a capacity of sixty gallons has been placed at the fire station on Decatur street, and the old engine, formerly housed there, as soon as it has been placed in first-class order, is to be stationed at the house of Truck E on Sixteenth street, below Fitzwater. A new chemical engine with two tanks of a capacity of sixty gallons has been placed at the house of Engine Company No, 29, Lawrence street, below Girard avenue, while the chemical engine formerly in use at the latter place, as soon as repaired, will be kept at the station now being erected at Warnock and Berks streets. A departure has also been made in the matter of hose carts. Two combination hose wagons have been…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now