Leadership

ROGERS PARK WATERWORKS.

Issue 23 and Volume 31.

ROGERS PARK WATERWORKS. The Rogers Park water system supplies a considerable portion of the territory of Chicago known as the Twenty-fifth and Twenty-sixth wards, in the northern part of the city, and extending from Devon avenue on the south to the city limits on the north. This district is supplied by a private company, known as the Rogers Park water company, operating under the franchise and contract granted in 1888 by the then village board of trustees of Rogers Park, that territory at the time being an independent municipality, and having been annexed to the city in 1893. The system consists of about twenty-three miles of mains and an independent pumping station, located at the foot of Touhy avenue, just east of Sheridan Drive. The water supply is taken from lake Michigan through a twenty-inch intake pipe extending 3,300 feet front the shore. The pumping engines have a capacity of…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now