A NOVEL FIRE RISK. A payment of a very extraordinary claim was recently made in Boston by a fire insurance company. A relative of its manager was dressing to go out, and had given the lower part of his waistcoat a vigorous pull to straighten out the front. On this occasion this usually harmless action was followed by a mild explosion and a quick flash of flame in the vicinity of his stomach. It developed that there had been several potash tablets and some parlor matches in one of the lower vest pockets, and the combination was exploded by friction. The man was in his own home, and the damage—$15—was settled by the fire insurance companies. The chlorate of potash tablets should evidently be handled with great care.