Leadership

AMONG THE FIRE ENGINEERS

Issue 14 and Volume 36.

AMONG THE FIRE ENGINEERS NEWS OF THE DEPARTMENTS, SPECIALLY PREPARED FOR FIRE AND WATER ENGINEERING. PHILADELPHIA, PA. Defectively insulated electric wires used in operating an elevator are blamed for the $50,000 worth of damage done to the house of James George Klemour, of 3954 Chestnut street, Philadelphia. The house was in charge of a caretaker, who at one o’clock in the morning was aroused by the smoke and found the first floor ablaze and his escape cut off. His cries for help were heard by a neighbor, and an alarm was telephoned to the electrical bureau. The firemen brought the man down by a ladder from the second story. One fireman was overcome by smoke and taken to the Presbyterian hospital. The old china and cut-glass in the diningroom cost a large sum, and the family portraits and other paintings burned up in the parlor, hall and diningroom were of…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now