Leadership

CURIOS BURNED.

Issue 14 and Volume 36.

CURIOS BURNED. At Philadelphia, Pa., the dwelling of James George Klemm. at 3934 Chestnut street, was damaged by fire to the extent of $50,000. The only person in the house at the time the fire started was a carpenter, who was getting it ready for the return of the family. The fire is supposed to have been caused by the defective insulation of electric wires used in the operation of an elevator. Mr. Klemm said tile old china and cut glass in the dining room had cost a large sum. and that the family portraits and other paintings burned up in the parlor, hall and dining room were of great value. A $1,000 piano in the parlor was among the furniture destroyed. I he dining room table was worth $900.

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now