Leadership

GASOLENE FIRE IN GARAGE.

Issue 6 and Volume 38.

GASOLENE FIRE IN GARAGE. A $25,000 loss was caused at Providence, R. I., the other week by a fire in the Dutee Wilcox Flint’s automobile garage on Eddy street. The fire resulted from an explosion of a gasolene tank on an automobile which was being refilled before the tank was cool enough to receive the gasolene. Two persons were seriously injured by the explosion, receiving bad burns. There were a number of automobiles in the garage at the time, all of which were either badly damaged or entirely destroyed. The building was gutted from cellar to roof. A majority of the automobiles were insured by the Boston and it is estimated that the loss to this company will be about $15,000 when all the returns are in. What happened in that garage might happen any day in fire houses, if gasolene automobile apparatus were to bccoipe generally used.

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now