Leadership

GLENWOOD AND ITS WATER SUPPLY.

Issue 3 and Volume 41.

GLENWOOD AND ITS WATER SUPPLY. The source of supply for Glenwood, Minn., is springs in the hills to the northeast of the town, 170 ft. above the village. The water is of particularly good quality, and the waterworks system was first installed in 1884, the water being taken from only one spring and being kept free from impurities by a strainer, before it entered the tank. In case of fire, an additional reservoir, with an automatic valve, was built. In 1901 the village voted to reconstruct and enlarge the system at a cost of between $14,000 and $15,000, and the contract was let to the Allan-Black company, of St. Paul, whose bid was $11,379. The village secured the necessary land controling all the springs and ravines leading to the reservoir, and work was begun on the reservoir in the fall, fourteen blocks of main being also laid. Work on the…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now