Leadership

Abattoir Quickly Burns.

Issue 9 and Volume 46.

Abattoir Quickly Burns. A $75,000 fire occurred in Reading, Pa., on August 12. when the large abattoir of the Reading Abbattoir company was burned. The fire was discovered at about 5 o’clock in the morning, when it had considerable headway. The fact that the woodwork of the building was everywhere smeared with grease caused the flames to spread through the entire building like a flash. When the firemen arrived the building was a mass of flames. A second alarm was turned in and it was possible to confine the fire to the building in which it originated.

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now