Leadership

FIRE DEPARTMENT DOINGS

Issue 9 and Volume 53.

FIRE DEPARTMENT DOINGS A defective chimney caused a $10,000 fire loss at Appleton, Wis. St. Norbert’s Roman Catholic college at De Pere, Wis., was badly damaged by fire. Harris, Mich., where there is no protection, had $15,000 worth of business buildings burned. Thoroughfare, N. J., has organized a volunteer fire company, its equipment is a chemical engine. Two entire brick blocks burned in the unprotected town of Odessa, Wash., with a loss of $00,000. An asphaltum explosion in the cellar of the Smyth-Despaw building, Utica, N. Y., caused an ugly fire. An overheated stove caused the destruction of the Congregational church at Lawrence, Mass., with a loss of $50,000. Electric wires coming into contact with the roof of the Gem Theatre, Frankfort, Ky., destroyed a moving picture show house. Samuel Eastman Company, Concord, N. H., has just made shipment of more of their deluge sets to the Napier, New Zealand…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now