Leadership

Snyder’s New Water Works System

Issue 9 and Volume 53.

Snyder’s New Water Works System During 1913, Snyder, Neb., installed a $10,000 municipal water works system, and before it had been three months in operation it was found that the one 8-inch tubular well was insufficient. The system called for something like feet of 6-inch main to be laid in the business section, and 4-inch in the residential district. A steel standpipe, with a capacity of 58,000 gallons has been erected on a hill. The pipe, which is 90 feet high, was built on a solid concrete base, the diameter of which is 10 feet. The power house, located in the brick town hall (enlarged by the addition to receive the machinery), contains a 20-horsepower gasoline engine, which. operates a triplex pump. With the addition of the new wells an ample supply of water can be furnished at all times, and it will also now be possible to furnish a…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now