Leadership

Fire Goes to Commissioner Isaacs

Issue 22 and Volume 55.

Fire Goes to Commissioner Isaacs Fire Commissioner David Isaacs, of Niagara Falls, N. Y., was recently ordered not to attend fires by his doctors on account of his physical condition, the result of a motor accident while en route to a fire last December. Now a fire has come to him. At midnight, May 24, a fire was discovered in his hotel, the Prospect House. It was caused by the blowing out of a fuse. The department was in service twenty minutes. Proprietor Isaacs, who has a record for attending every fire on record until he was forced to undergo the operation, was on the alert when the firemen arrived. They welcomed their superior officer with “Well, Commissioner, you could not come to us, so we thought we’d carry the fire to you.”

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now