Leadership

Fumes from Film Fire Dangerous

Issue 8 and Volume 56.

Fumes from Film Fire Dangerous That the fumes from burning picture films are dangerous was demonstrated last week in a fire in the Princess Theatre at Galesburg, Ill. Through some defect in the machine in operation, the film caught fire and was burned. The operator, in attempting to extinguish the fire was overcome and was unconscious for thirty minutes from inhaling the film gas. The operators had provided an absolutely fireproof booth, and when the fire occurred all the openings closed automatically and the film smoke and fumes were confined to the booth, and the audience had no knowledge of a fire. The proprietor told them there was some difficulty with the machine and they passed out quietly and in order and received their money at the ticket window.

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now