Grain Elevator Fire at Logansport Uhl’s grain mill and elevator at Logansport, Ind., was burned recently, with a loss of $40,000. The structure was 125 by 175 feet, constructed of wood covered with sheet iron 55 years ago, and was three and four stories high. The fire started in the elevator from an unknown cause at 9:15 P. M., and when the fire department, John Griffin, Chief, arrived, the elevator and main part of the building was in flames. Four hose wagons had 6 streams from four 4-inch hydrants on the flames, with 85 pounds water pressure, through 3,000 feet of hose. It is supposed that the fire started from spontaneous combustion. The old buildings, it is stated, were very dusty.