Leadership

THE WATER WORKS SYSTEM OF MASSILLON

Issue 12 and Volume 59.

THE WATER WORKS SYSTEM OF MASSILLON Massillon, Ohio, located on the Lincoln Highway, in Stark County, and having a population of about 16,000, has an up-to-date water plant with excellent fire protection. The water works, owned by the Massillon Water Supply Company, were built in 1880 and 1887 by Samuel R. Bullock & Co., taking water from an impounding reservoir located on Sippo Creek in the northeast part of the city, about 60 feet above the center of town and a distance of one mile from same. This water not being satisfactory for domestic use, the source of supply was changed to artesian wells which W’erc drilled in the northwest part of the city, near Newman’s Creek and the Tuscarawas River. A new station was built and the company commenced to furnish well water in 1893 from six deep wells, adding more from time to time, until at the present…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now