Leadership

Improvements at Evanston

Issue 15 and Volume 59.

Improvements at Evanston Improvements to the Evanston, Ill., fire department since July, 1912, when the Committee on Fire Prevention of the National Board of Fire Underwriters made a report on that city, include, according to a supplementary bulletin just issued by the committee, the addition of four men to the fire force. The minimum number of men on duty at headquarters is 12, either seven or eight at Station 2, and six at Station 3. Watch is now maintained at all three stations. The chief has been provided with an automobile, and a hose wagon loaded with 1,000 feet of 2 1/2-inch hose has been placed in reserve at headquarters. No further provisions have been made towards motorizing the apparatus, the most urgent improvement needed to ensure proper protection. The principal improvements made in the fire alarm system consist of providing punch registers and standardizing the wiring in all fire…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now