Leadership

The Fire Department of Alhambra

Issue 20 and Volume 59.

The Fire Department of Alhambra The Fire Department of the City of Alhambra, Cal., was organized early in 1908, at which time the then Chief, C. E., Striffler, built for the city a motor propelled chemical engine. Starting with motor propelled apparatus, this city has not been compelled to pass through the hand-drawn or horse-drawn period of fire apparatus. The local census of 1915 gave Alhambra a population of 8,866, and, considering the population, the city feels that it has just cause to be proud of its present fire department, of which Frank L. Hilton is chief. There are three stations in which are housed a Webb pumping engine, a Boyd city service truck, a Webb combination hose and chemical and the original chemical remodeled as a combination hose and chemical. All are motor propelled. The force consists of six full paid and 20 call men. Drills including everything from…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now