Leadership

The Bernardsville Fire Company

Issue 26 and Volume 60.

The Bernardsville Fire Company Although it has a population of less than two thousand, the town of Bemardsville, N. J., has a fire department that is entirely motorized, having three pieces of motor driven apparatus. The department is incorporated as the Bernardsville Fire Company, and the chief is Joseph Dobbs. The other officers of the company are: Assistant Chief, Edwin S. Spinnig; president, A. B. Gibb; vice-president, John McWilliams; secretary, John Puff; financial secretary, Harry Wright; treasurer, W. F. Allsheskcy. The company was organized during the summer of 1897 as the Bernardsville Bucket Brigade, but with the purchase of a ladder truck in June, 1898, the name was changed to the Bemardsville Hook and Ladder Company No. 1, which name was retained until the organization was incorporated in 1904 as the Bernardsville Fire Company. About this time water mains were laid throughout the town and hydrants installed. Then the township…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now