Leadership

Philadelphia Fire Department More Than Half Motorized

Issue 26 and Volume 64.

Philadelphia Fire Department More Than Half Motorized The fire apparatus of the Philadelphia, Pa., department, of which W. H. Murphy is chief, is now over half motorized through the recent delivery of thirty pieces of motor fire apparatus. The addition consists of four aerial trucks, five selfpropelled pumping engines, thirteen combination cars and eight tractors for steamers. The engines, which have a pumping capacity of 900 gallons costs $10,500 each; the combination cars $7,500 and the tractors $4,750. The delivery of the apparatus completely motorizes thirteen engine companies: No. 5, at 15 South 37th street; No. 14, at 4514 Frankford avennue; No. 16, on 44th street below Girard avenue; No. 33, at 4793 Richmond street; No. 38, at 6832 State road, Tacony; No. 40, at 6436 Woodland avenue; No. 41, at 61st street and Thompson streets; No. 49, at 1513 Snyder avenue; No. 51, at York road and Champlost street;…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now