Leadership

Firemen Suffer from Cold at Large Ottawa Fire

Issue 3 and Volume 67.

Firemen Suffer from Cold at Large Ottawa Fire One of the most disastrous fires that has been seen in Ottawa for some years broke out about 9:45 A. M. on the morning of the 14th of January in a four-story brick building on Sussex Street, known as the “Bishop’s Block.” The fire originated on the second floor of the section of the building at 419 and 423 Sussex Street, occupied on the ground floor by the Pedlar People, sheet metal warehouse, and the three upper floors by the National Storage Co. The latter part of the building was packed with furniture stored by private individuals whose loss may exceed the estimated damage. The fire spread to an adjoining building at 415 Sussex Street occupied by the J. G. Grant Company, wholesale tobacco, the second floor being occupied by Mr. Grant as a private residence. “The loss there was mostly by…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now