Leadership

HOUSEHOLD ELECTRICAL DEVICES MADE UNSAFE

Issue 4 and Volume 15.

HOUSEHOLD ELECTRICAL DEVICES MADE UNSAFE Electrical inspectors meeting in Milwaukee, Wis., under the chairmanship of F. R. Daniels, chief engineer of the Wisconsin Inspection Bureau, interpreted the electrical code to mean that there must be separate circuits for motors attached to power washing machines. It has been found after an extended investigation that owners of such machines are habitually overloading them, causing blowouts of fuses, which are being replaced by fuses of too nigh amperage for safety. The code provides that no fuse over 10 amperes may be permitted on electric light circuits. In several cases, it w’as discovered, persons had placed pennies in fuse holders to make the circuit after ordinary fuses were blown out by overloading through the use of w-ashing machines and other household devices.

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now