Leadership

Toy Electric Train Causes Fire

Issue 3 and Volume 79.

Toy Electric Train Causes Fire Freeport, L. I., sustained a fire loss on January 1, amounting to $3,000, due to the careless use of a toy electric train by a little boy. The lad had laid the tracks out on a table near a filmy curtain. The wires, according to report, were poorly insulated, and a short circuit occurred, setting fire to the curtain and igniting the woodwork. The flatnes were subdued by the quick response of the fire department. The fire was confined to the lower floor, which was practically consumed. Nobody was injured.

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now