Leadership

CLEANING FLUID IN FUR STORE EXPLODES, CAUSING BAD FIRE

Issue 8 and Volume 80.

CLEANING FLUID IN FUR STORE EXPLODES, CAUSING BAD FIRE Theatre Block in Kenmore, Suburb of Buffalo, N. Y., Badly Damaged—Buffalo Pumper Keeps Up Pressure in Kenmore Mains The explosion of some cleaning fluid caused a bad fire in the Kenmore Theatre Block. Kenmore. N. Y., near Buffalo, with a loss estimated at $125,000. early in the morning of February 25. Firemen of Buffalo and Ellwood assisted the local department in bringing the flames under control. A passing policeman heard an explosion about 2 o’clock in the morning, and found the Lavene Fur Company’s establishment in flames. The Kenmore fire department was quickly on the scene, but on account of the heavy smoke were unable to enter the building. For a time they were enabled to confine the flames to the basement of the fur company, where the explosion occurred, but about 4 o’clock the fire extended to the upper floors…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now