Leadership

Falling Telephone Warns of Hotel Fire

Issue 15 and Volume 81.

Falling Telephone Warns of Hotel Fire Fire was discovered in the valet room of the Hotel Claridge, New York City, by the watchfullness of a telephone operator and the falling of a telephone instrument. A flash on the switchboard indicated some one in the valet’s room at a time when the room was supposed to be empty. A house detective was notified. He discovered the fire and turned in an alarm. It was later learned that fire burnt a shelf in that room and that when it became weakened, the shelf gave way and the telephone on it fell to the floor. Two dozen suits in the room were damaged, and some of the rooms on the lower floor were affected by water seeping through the ceiling.

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now