Prof. Criswell Dead Prof. Robert Bruce Criswell, head of the Fire Service Extension, University of Maryland, was found dead in his garage on January 3. Death was due to carbon monoxide. Prof. Criswell had returned from a banquet at Frederick, Md., at about 1.30 a.m. His wife smelled fumes from the basement garage and found the body lying on the floor. She summoned aid, but it was too late. His death was a great blow to the volunteer firemen of Maryland. His pleasing personality and modern teaching methods had made him highly popular in all sections of the state. At the time of bis death, Prof. Criswell was directing forty firemen’s classes and was personally teaching six of them.