Leadership

Inhalator Saves Cyanide Victim

Issue 6 and Volume 92.

Inhalator Saves Cyanide Victim The use of an inhalator, in the hands of a trained crew, is responsible for saving the life of one who had inhaled cyanide gas, because of a defective gas mask. The gas was used for fumigating work. Matamoros, Mexico, across the river from Brownsville, Tex., has no Fire Department, and as a courtesy to the neighboring community, Brownsville answers all fire alarms and other emergencies across the border. It answered the call for an inhalator to which Chief W. C. Walker and two other men responded. Artificial respiration methods and the inhalator were used, and in about 20 minutes, the victim was gasping for air. After working on him for 23/4 hours, the victim was removed to a hospital in Brownsville, and the firemen still worked on the man while in the ambulance and in the hospital. As a result, the man is one of…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now