Leadership

Boy Burned by Salt Blast

Issue 2 and Volume 102.

Boy Burned by Salt Blast Sprayed with molten salt by an explosion at the Utah Fire Clay Co., Salt Lake City, a nine-year-old boy suffered first, second and third degree burns of the face and left leg. The strange mishap occurred when the lad—Dion Anderson, and another boy were in a 32-foot kiln at the fire clay company, watching employes glaze clay sewer pipes by pouring salt into a firebox in the kiln. The vapors glaze the pipes, company executives said, and molten salt remains. The other boy, unidentified, probed in the firebox with a 10-toot stick which was wet, according to a company statement, and the action resulted in an explosion. The Anderson boy was apparently standing in front of his friend and received the blast of molten salt.

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now