Boy Burned by Salt Blast Sprayed with molten salt by an explosion at the Utah Fire Clay Co., Salt Lake City, a nine-year-old boy suffered first, second and third degree burns of the face and left leg. The strange mishap occurred when the lad—Dion Anderson, and another boy were in a 32-foot kiln at the fire clay company, watching employes glaze clay sewer pipes by pouring salt into a firebox in the kiln. The vapors glaze the pipes, company executives said, and molten salt remains. The other boy, unidentified, probed in the firebox with a 10-toot stick which was wet, according to a company statement, and the action resulted in an explosion. The Anderson boy was apparently standing in front of his friend and received the blast of molten salt.