Leadership

Fort Monmouth Fire Department Celebrates Its 23rd Anniversary

Issue 4 and Volume 102.

Fort Monmouth Fire Department Celebrates Its 23rd Anniversary In January, last, the Fort Monmouth Fire Department celebrated its 23rd anniversary. Since it was established in January, 1926, the department has given an impressive account of itself, both in expansion and operations. Starting unimpressively with only one piece of apparatus and a chief’s car, with headquarters in an old wooden shed, the department now has a modern brick headquarters, with eight pieces of modern equipment, organized in six operating companies under the direction of Lt. Col. William C. Holley, Fire Marshal, and Harry T. Litts, Fire Chief, whose home is Rumsen, N. J. Three of the department’s companies are situated on the Post proper and one each is located at Evans and Coles Signal Laboratories and Camp Wood. In addition, as a member of the Monmouth County Fire Association, the department automatically covers adjacent Oceanport, and is prepared at all times…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now