Leadership

Three Children Die at Bottled Gas Blaze

Issue 7 and Volume 105.

Three Children Die at Bottled Gas Blaze In Superior, Wis., three children died following an explosion and fire which destroyed a small home. The parents were both away; the mother shopping, the father at work, when tragedy struck. According to Fire Chief Olaf Sorenson, Superior, the oven gas jet of the kitchen stove had accidentally been turned on by the oldest girl aged 4, left at home. The bottled gas from the kitchen stove reportedly seeped to an oil burner about six feet away, ignited and flashed back to the gas burner. A minor explosion in the kitchen stove then occurred which blew open the oven door and severed the gas pipe, which torched its flames to furnishings and walls. Two older boys, aged 7 and 5, playing in the yard, noticed the flames but were unable to reach the three children, aged 4, 2 1/2 and 7 months. The…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now