Leadership

Baltimore County Inaugurates Elaborate Training Center

Issue 9 and Volume 108.

Baltimore County Inaugurates Elaborate Training Center New Facility Includes Fire Headquarters and Civil Defense Control Center A SPECIAL REPORT TO FIRE ENGINEERING ON Saturday, June 18, 1955, Baltimore County, Md., formally dedicated its new Fire Department Headquarters and Training Center, with fitting ceremonies, participated in by state, county, civic and visiting dignitaries. Fire companies from as far away as Tacoma Park, Md., joined with Baltimore City and County units in a lengthy parade, preceding the inaugural festivities. Principal speaker of the occasion was Chief Roi Woolley, assistant editor, FIRE ENGINEERING, Other speakers included Hon. Theodore R. McKeldin, Governor of Maryland; Hon. Thomas J. D’Alesandro, Mayor of Baltimore City, and leading State and County officials who aided in creating the facility. Chief Anthony P. Orban was presented an engraved silver plate as a token of esteem by Deputy Chief Lee Cockey, in the name of the fire officers of the County.…

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now