Leadership

Ansonia, Conn., Station Heavily Damaged in Fire

Issue 8 and Volume 113.

Ansonia, Conn., Station Heavily Damaged in Fire Fire of undetermined origin destroyed the interior of a three-story brick building used by one of the five volunteer fire companies at Ansonia, Conn., on June 24. Damage to the Howard Avenue home of the Fountain Hose Company was estimated at between $15,000 and $20,000. The fire broke out in the basement and swept through the structure, but not before Fire Marshal Herbert A. Smith and Captain James W. Morgan each drove a pumper out into the street. Michael Dalton, who lives across the street from the fire station, sounded the alarm. The four other volunteer companies responded. There was no one in the building when the fire broke out. Most of the damage was confined to furnishings, the kitchen, and about 2,000 feet of hose.

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now