Leadership

Spontaneous Ignition Averted

Issue 10 and Volume 120.

Spontaneous Ignition Averted In response to a report of a strange odor in a restaurant kitchen, Fredericton, New Brunswick, firemen discovered a cardboard box of rags from which a barely perceptible vapor was flowing. When the box, approximately 16 inches square, was taken outside, the contents burst into flames. The rags in this incident last November 2 had come back from the cleaners a few hours earlier. According to Captain James O’Neill, the box had been stored under a kitchen table, where the results might have been disastrous to the Regent Restaurant.

Subscribe to unlock this content

Subscribe Now