The Worcester Firefighters Memorial Safety and Survival Seminar invites you to be part of the “Remembrance Wall” at the site of the Worcester Cold Storage Fire of December 3, 1999, to be held the evening of December 3, 2008. This tribute will honor the sacrifice of our brothers and will be constructed from funds raised exclusively from firefighters. The Safety Seminar has commissioned sculptor Brian Hanlon to create a lasting memorial we firefighters can be proud of.
Our final fundraising efforts consist of the events listed below, culminating with the Dedication of the “Remembrance Wall” on December 3, 2008
VEHICLE EXTRICATION – OCTOBER 19, 2008
Cost $150 – 24 cars plenty of time with tools
Seminar: December 3rd, 2008
Four speakers, with lunch and shirt – Cost $100
- Battalion Chief John Salka, FDNY – Leadership in the Fire Service
- Capt Mike Duggan, FDNY – Ventilation in Today’s Fire Buildings
- Lt Mickey Conboy, FDNY – Residential Search
- DC John Tripp, LA County Fire – I-5 Tunnel Fire
- BC Butch Cobb, Jersey City Fire – Closing Remarks
RAFFLE of 2009 HONDA CIVIC LX – Evening of Seminar
Cost $100 – only 500 tickets will be sold
REMEMBRANCE WALL DEDICATION
Evening of December 3rd, 2008
To register call John Daly @ (508) 423-4799 e-mail: [email protected]. All proceeds raised from these fundraising efforts will go to finance this project.